I found a great group of ladies that live in my area and we have formed this IVF support group. It is a total of 5 of us...different ages, different stories, all going through this wonderful, terrifying, and awful thing together. I also have a good friend going through the same thing. We went to dinner together last night and talked for hours about this process. This has really helped...talking to other women who are going through this. A few people know what we are doing...our parents to a certain extent, one of my grandmothers, and a couple of close friends and the ladies I work with, but none of those people have been through this. Until you have gone through the miscarriages, suffered through other peoples pregnancy announcements and baby showers, and have gotten to the point where you have to sit down and really look if you can spend $10,000 on a chance of having a baby you can't possibly understand. (Ok...rant over). I am really not that bitter and other people having babies does not bother me, I am very happy for them! If I didn't already have Sawyer I would not be able to be that way. Some of the strongest women I know are those who go through all of this and don't have a child already. That would make this process so much harder.
What kills me is when people ask when we are going to have another one. I really would love to tell them that we have been trying for over a year etc, etc, etc...but there are very few people who know that and that is how we want to keep it at this point. (well if your reading this...secret is out)
My point is that I am so lucky to have found the people in my life that truly understand exactly what I am going through! We meet once a week at a coffee shop or restaurant and we are still in the getting to know you stage. I really hope that we will be able to attend each others baby showers and setup play dates in the future!
No comments:
Post a Comment