Alrighty let's get caught up from this week.
Monday - went to the doctor and got the go ahead to take my trigger medicine. It was kinda bittersweet...it was my last injection. We were finally getting closer. Ok moment was over when I found out it was going to cost me $20 to dispose of my needles.
Tuesday - went in for blood work to make sure I absorbed all of my trigger medication.
Wednesday - The Big Day!!! (well one of them) It was time for my egg retrieval!! I went in at 7:45 and they got me all prepped and got my IV started. I talked with my doctor and it was time! I remember going into the operating room, breathing some gas, and next thing I knew they were taking me to recovery. I was in recovery for about a half hour and then they took us to meet with one of the people who work in the embryo lab. They told us that they retrieved 12 eggs and would call us tomorrow with an update on our eggs. Jake got us some pancakes to take home and we went home and ate and I slept and rested the rest of the day. I was a bit sore but other than that I was ok.
Thursday - got a call that out of the 12 eggs 10 of them were mature. They fertilized the 10 mature eggs and 9 of the 10 eggs fertilized normally. We now have 9 embryos!!! (the discarded the immature eggs and the embryo that was abnormal) Keeping our fingers crossed that they all make it to Monday. Monday is the day of our transfer and we will get a report on our embryos. Embryos are graded like diamonds...AA is the best, then AB, BB, etc. They have to be of a certain grade to be transferred and also to be frozen.
Our hope is that we will have enough good embryos to both transfer and freeze some for future use.
I am excited for Monday and hope that all my embryos are doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment