I had my second appointment yesterday to do a sonogram, blood work, and to receive injection training on my next round of meds. I now have three injections a day. Everything looked good and I got the green light to start my stimulation medications. I still continue the Lupron that I was on before, but 1/2 the dose. I now add Menopur and Follistim. You should have seen my kitchen counter tonight. The Lupron is easy....pull the dose out of the vial with the syringe and inject. The Menopur I have to mix up which is a process. You have to get liquid from one vial, mix it with a powder in another vial and then take all of that and mix it with another vial of power. Then you have this screw on needle that you need to get on the syringe without spilling any or you start over and just wasted like $50 in medication. I made it with Jake's help. The Follistim is in a pen and you just have to screw on the needle and dial up the dose. Jake gave me all of my injections tonight. There is a lot of Menopur to inject and it burns when you put it in. The Follistim is really hard to push the dose in since it is in a pen and you have to push hard enough to move the stopper in the vial.
The side effects have not been too bad....a little light headed right after the injects and a few hours later some hot flashes and nausea. I am interested to see what it will be like in a week when I have a ton of eggs...my doctor says she hopes that 15-25 will develop.
I go for blood work on Tuesday, sonogram and more blood work on Thursday, Saturday, and the following Monday. Hopefully on that Monday we will have a green light to do the egg retrieval later that week!
One day down...only 9 more days to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment