Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Wrap-Up

Well Christmas has come and gone...hard to believe it has gone so fast but I am sure we will be saying how fast it got here later this year! We did a lot between Thanksgiving and Christmas! We got our family Christmas picture taken (see above)! Sawyer didn't disappoint...he loves having his picture taken. At the start of Christmas Break (yes in the education world, Christmas Break is a proper noun) we went to the Gaylord Texan with our good friends, the Rohrs, to see Ice!. This year's theme was Shrek. Sawyer and Marilynn had a great time...though I think their favorite part was running around the hotel rather than the ice sculptures.

Later that week we headed down to Houston to see Jake's parents and my side of the family too. My grandparents flew down from Cleveland! We haven't seen them since August 2010. We spent Christmas Eve at my uncle's house where we had a treasure hunt and a white elephant exchange. Sawyer got some great presents from GG and Papa (his great grandparents). We had seafood for dinner. Here is a picture of one of our lobsters.
We went back to Jake's parents house for Sawyer to open his gifts from everybody but Santa. He got a lot of great presents! His Thomas the Train collection has been added to and he got some great clothes and puzzles. Jake's parents and I got Jake a new iPad and Jake got me a new washer and dryer. Sawyer and I made food for Santa's reindeer and put it out for them with cookies and milk. The next morning Santa came!
For years Jake and I have had a disagreement on whether or not Santa wraps presents. Well I have to say that I agree with Jake...Santa should only wrap a few presents. Sawyer would open one present and want to go and play with it. It took hours for Sawyer to open all of his presents because he kept wanting to play with them. Next year....Santa only wraps a few.

When we got back home we did the annual "spring cleaning" and my mom came down for New Year's weekend. On New Year's Eve she and Sawyer got all ready to ring in the New Year.


We had a great break and have survived our first week back to work (I am exhausted). The countdown is on to Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment