Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Spring!

Wow, almost a month since the last post! Life has really taken over!

Alright...Sawyer updates. Speech is coming along great. He is up to about 20 words now and is trying to say new words everyday. We are very happy with the progress he has been making. About a month ago we put him on a new prescription allergy medicine, Singulair. We have started noticing some side effects like him not sleeping (call me at 2am....we're up) and more crankiness than normal. We are going to change the time of day that he is dosed and if that does not help then it is back to the doctor next week to figure out a new medicine. It has done great things for his allergies though! In a few weeks he will start soccer! It's only 6 sessions to see how he likes it, but we are excited that he is starting to get involved in activities.

A few weekends ago my mom and her boyfriend came down to visit. We had a very nice visit and took them out for some Texas BBQ. Sawyer had fun dying Easter Eggs with the kit my mom got him. She also got him a very special bunny that makes a lot of noise....bunny must have missed his bunny family cause we can't find him :)

I am in the home stretch for finishing my masters. I have passed my principal certification exam and only have one more assignment to complete. On May 5 I will be finished!! It has been a long road. I started this degree in June of 2008 and I am so glad to be done! Job news....if you have been watching the news you see that there are some problems with funding education and in Texas and many teachers have already been notified that they will not have jobs next year. I am very fortunate that I will have a job for the next school year, but the future is uncertain after that. Being a central office administrator is kind of like having a bulls eye on your back at times, but I certainly understand all of the support for our classroom teachers and many people not wanting to cut teaching positions. I am hoping that the legislative session will not turn out to be as bad as everybody is planning on, but you never know. I am very thankful for my job as I know many other teachers and administrators are not as fortunate, but this time next year will be very nail biting for me.

Jake is doing well and is thinking about going into real estate on the side. We want to start making some preparations incase I do lose my job after next year. He is getting ready for his summer camps and summer lessons which is a very busy time for him.

That's about it! Hope everybody is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment